Wednesday 19 May 2010

Went to Thai Wedding Today


If you ever have to choose between a a Thai Wedding Party and a Thai Funeral Party, the choice is simple, obviously one is a very sad occasion, the Wedding, so go to the Funeral they’re much better. A funeral could last a week, were as a wedding last barely an afternoon or morning. This wedding today – Tuesday!! – started about nine thirty this morning, to be honest I had no idea I was going to a wedding when I got up. I went to pick the wife up from work and told me we had to go to this party because it was her family. That phrase ‘her family’ from what I have seen so far could mean the whole south of Thailand, in fact I am still waiting to meet someone down here that’s not one of her relatives.

Anyway, we got to the party about 9.30am and it was in full swing, the food was being served out and a few people had been down to the shop to buy booze. The food is nearly always the same, Wedding or Funeral, some sort of pork soup, pork stewed with shitake mushrooms and Chinese 5 spices (that ones not bad) and of course spicy pork curry, to drink you get water, coke, sprite or very sweet green soda (I don’t what the flavour is, the bottle says Sala ??).

No comments:

Post a Comment