Thursday 27 May 2010

Not a Bad Dinner

Tonight I was planning a sort of tomato, seafood pasta sauce but in the end it turned out a bit different.  I went across to the market and no tomatoes, well not quite one stall had some very green ones, no good for a pasta sauce. 
The wife had already bought some squid so I had to do something. I decided on a squid and bacon creamy sauce (I know it sounds odd, but actually squid goes very well with something salty like bacon). 
So I chopped up a large onion and fried in a large frying pan, as it started to brown I added 3 rashers of bacon finely chopped, and then threw in 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped. Stirred this together for a few minutes then added the squid (cleaned and sliced), covered the pan and let it all cook together until the squid was nice and white, you don’t want to cook it too long because goes like rubber. 

I then stirred in a large tablespoon of plain flour to absorb all the fat and juices, next I stirred in 250ml of full fat milk mixed with chicken stock. After about 5 minutes this goes nice and thick and creamy, then just simply mix it with the spaghetti.
Of course it could have done with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, but there is no chance of that here. But all in all it didn’t turn out too bad in fact I thought it was very good for a thrown together dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment