Friday 28 May 2010

Please Close Your Shop So I can Buy Some Beer

Sounds a bit crazy, but every night I have same problem. Every night I like to drink a couple of bottles of beer, usually Chang Beer, only two no more. Being as this is a tropical climate it has to be cold, very cold. Now the nearest shop to me belongs to a lovely couple who are friends with my wife, they stocked Chang Beer because my wife told them I drink it. The problem is that she keeps it in a normal fridge so it’s not ice cold; in fact it’s barely cold at all. Now occasionally I buy it and drink with ice, which to honest I don’t really like.
So now I have to wait until she closes her shop so I can go and buy beer from the other shop. I know you all think I am mad but we live in a very small community here and I being the only foreigner don’t want to get on the wrong side of anyone.
So here I am waiting for the lovely Nu to close her shop so I can go and buy it from shop a little bit further up where they keep the beer in the icebox. Just as I wrote I think I here her closing, so bye for now, it’s time for some refreshment.

1 comment: