Wednesday 3 July 2013

Size of an Elephant - I Need to Diet

Well sorry about the odd title but those of you who are old enough will know it as a reference to the Arabian Knights cartoon from the Saturday morning TV show the Banana Splits. Well it's basically how I feel at the moment, since moving up to Chiang Mai I have had access to a lot better food, not just Thai food, so my waste band has expanded accordingly, it's so bad that my kids have started making pig snorting noises at me.

So I need to lose some weight before I pass the point of no return and turn into an obese monster with large areas of fat in places where I currently don't have places. I have actually tried a lot of different diets in the past and to be honest none of them have actually worked, and most them cost a lot of cash. Meal replacement diets in my honest opinion are ridiculous, you're just fooling yourself into believing that all you have to is put up with these horrible shakes for a few weeks and you will be slim, the problem is soon as you go back to normal food you put all the pounds back.

This time I'm going Paleo, yes I am going to try the Paleo Diet mainly because it suits what I like to eat and it is something I can keep too even after losing a few pounds. I created a special website to allow you to follow my progress and I will be posting before and after pictures so parental guidance is recommended. My site is called Paleo Diet Power and is at http://paleodietpower.com. I hope for my next post I will be telling you how many pounds or kilos I have lost on the wonderful Paleo Diet.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment